Founder and Principal
Paul Davidson, pdi CONSULTING
Three decades experience and expertise in consulting, managerial, administrative and entrepreneurial land use and real estate development - working with individuals, and in the not-for-profit and corporate environments; creative, collaborative, highly personable, solutions oriented. Summary of qualifications include:
• Successfully managed numerous renovation, restoration and expansion construction projects – commercial buildings to 30,000sf, residential structures to 18,000sf
• Effective interface and coordination experience with government, design, construction, and owner organizations
• Extensive experience in facilities management
• Profitable in both in-state and out-of-state properties acquisitions, management, development and sale, conditional use permitting, conversions, other entitlement and permit processing
• Assembled and directed real estate development, design and construction project teams & partnerships
• Delivered effective personal productivity coaching for architects, builders, small business owners and other individuals.
Oversight & coordination of design teams, construction crews, government agencies & owner organizations in the acquisition, construction, renovation, and expansion of residential and commercial facilities. Recent projects/experience include:
• Successful (California Preservation Foundation award recipient) restoration & renovation of 18,000 sf MacGowan Residence & 6,000 sf Briggs Residence- for adaptive reuse as seminary classrooms, offices & student living space
• Modernization/expansion of commercial kitchen & 100+ seat dining facility for Peace Theological Seminary
• Major seismic retrofits of two 30,000sf commercial structures in Los Angeles
• Complete interior renovation/remodel (AIA award recipient) of multi-use University of Santa Monica center
• Profitable purchase, renovation, management and sale of homes and multi-unit residential buildings in California, Hawaii and Tennessee
• Organizing creative commercial real estate investment partnerships and other entities
Oversight of organizations’ properties, facilities and Property Management Staff; collaboration with Senior Administration in the allocation of capitol improvement resources; oversight of construction improvements; responsible for the day-to-day operations of multiple facilities. Accomplishments/responsibilities included:
•Successfully worked with senior management in establishing budgets for day to day operations, capitol improvement and other projects
•Planned and directed all construction related major capitol improvement projects
• Coordinated acquisition and sale of properties
• Directed facilities management staffs across an array of property types
-References and additional information available upon request –
Jan 2000 to Present
Project Management Consultant
Paul Davidson Incorporated
Santa Monica, CA
July 1983 thru June 2006
Senior Property Manager
Los Angeles, CA
"There's a lot of good work to be done, and fun to be had in the doing. I'm celebrating an inspired, intuitive, purposeful life dance. How about you? Let's meet!"
"Our clients are forward thinking, conscious business owners, wealthy individuals, entrepreneurs & philanthropists - good people committed to making a difference in the areas of sustainability of the planet, quality of life, (health, living standard, education, equality)... improving the human condition.
We work together on unique real estate investment & development ventures (new or existing) with “a purpose” — utilizing diverse resources, high level collaboration and cutting edge technologies, in service to achieving highly creative, lucrative & universally successful projects — for all involved."